The biggest Wheelhouse release since version 1.0 is now finally here. If you have purchased an existing Wheelhouse CMS license, this upgrade is completely free. Otherwise, click here to sign up for a free 30-day trial.
As usual, updating is as easy as running
bundle update wheelhouse from within your Rails application directory.
Rails 4 support
Better late than never, Wheelhouse now includes full support for Rails 4. This includes the latest stable release (currently 4.0.3) as well as the release candidate for version 4.1.0.
Rails 4 is now the recommended version of Rails to use with Wheelhouse CMS (Rails 3.1 and 3.2 will continue to be supported).
Revamped link dialog
Among the numerous UI improvements in Wheelhouse CMS 1.1, probably the most significant is the revamped link dialog, which makes it much easier to create links to other pages within your site (no more having to memorize the full path).
More improvements and refinements are planned for the link page chooser and the popups in general, so keep an eye out for future releases.
Other UI improvements
In Wheelhouse CMS 1.1, the Manage Site link now acts as a dropdown menu, allowing you to easily create new pages from anywhere within the admin area. Plugins can also take advantage of this with custom dropdown menus to place more functionality at your fingertips.
The drag handles for collection fields have been redesigned to make it clearer that they are draggable. The sidebar has also been improved and will scroll with the page when editing long forms, making it easier (and faster) to preview or publish your changes.
- Added support for Rails 4.x
- Added page chooser to link dialog
- Added section dropdowns with new resources underneath Manage Site dropdown
- Affixed sidebar to scroll alongside content
- Added file template content type
- Added file and file collection field types to Wheelhouse form builder
- Added Wheelhouse::Media::FileReference type
- Move Wheelhouse::Image class to Wheelhouse::Media::ImageReference (alias remains)
- Added icons to Choose Image/File buttons
- Added mobile responsive stylesheets for login forms
config.wheelhouse.admin_pathconfiguration option to set the admin root
(defaults to "/admin")
config.wheelhouse.force_sslconfiguration option to force SSL within the admin
(defaults to false)
config.wheelhouse.editorconfiguration hash to set options to pass to TinyMCE
- Added support for subfolder hosting via
- Convert path dispatcher middleware to Rack application
- Added case-insensitive path dispatching with 301 redirect to correct case
- Improved logging of template processing errors
- Prevent duplicate URLs from appearing within the sitemap
- Fixed content field database serialization to not save dummy fields
- Updated Dragonfly dependency to 1.0
- Updated theme generator jQuery version to 1.11.0
- Updated admin jQuery version to 1.11.0
- Updated admin Backbone version to 1.1.0
- Removed support for Internet Explorer 7